Tuesday, June 2, 2009

General Update

The LAN party was great; we all had a blast and made it home safely.

Now on to the reason I started this blog- my MMO addiction. I haven't been playing Darkfall since I got back because of the announcement from AV on transfers to NA-1. Now they were not specific, but they did say it would be "months" before transferred would be allowed to NA-1.

Our clan has been discussing our options and it looks like we'll probably be re-rolling on NA-1 the day it's released. I think everyone is kind of looking forward to a fresh start- not to mention with a much lower ping.

There are six races in the game, but after playing for a few months now I know which I like and dislike and for what reasons. The wolf is just too big. In a game where foliage provides cover and there are no radars or names over people's head, being 7'2" does not help.

The Ork and Dwarves are just too ugly. I'm about 50/50 when it comes to picking between looks & functionality, but those two races look horrible.

The Humans, Elves, and Alfar are all possible choices for me on the reroll, and it appears to be the general preference in the clan right now. So until NA-1 gets released supposedly in June, I'll just be playing Counter-Strike and only logging in to Darkfall for occasional PvP on my EU-1 character- I just won't be gaining skills or worrying about stocking up my bank.

No comments: