Thursday, May 21, 2009

Leaving Tonight for Austin

I'm leaving late tonight for the LAN party which last through Monday. We'll be playing Counter-Strike: Source and Crysis: Wars this time around. Unless there was a last minute sign-up, it looks like we'll have about 18 guys. We were aiming for 20 so we could have four 5v5 teams for CS:S, and two 10v10 teams for Crysis: Wars, but 18 will have to do.

It's usually FPS action all weekend, but since it's a 24/3 weekend, people take breaks to check email and listen to music. I on the other hand will be milling for herbs in Darkfall so I can get my herbalism to 50+ to make the moderate potions for PvP. I've also saved up a nice stack of berries for food as well from milling herbs. As far as I can tell the food variants only differ in the amount of time the food buff last - not in severity. If this is the case, then the berries aren't a terrible selection until I can make it to the ocean for some fishing.

I also need to start saving my metal for armor sets since my clan has moved too far for me to make purchases from my normal armor vendor. I like paying cash for armor sets and using my mats to make arrows and increase my own crafting profession at the same time. The problem is that all the guild armorsmiths prefer to craft sets for the mats only and usually don't have spare sets for sale. I might just buy the mats with the money and turn that over to the armorsmiths - that way everybody wins.

Well, wish me luck for the LAN tourneys - I'll need it with my rusty FPS skills =p

1 comment:

Keystone said...

If you live in Texas and you're into FPS games, then you should check out the "PowersGaming.com" link under the "Forum Links" section on the right-side of the blog.

We drink, game, drink, game, drink game, rinse & repeat all weekend long! Check out the forums for more information.