Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Underbog and a New Guild! (cont'd)


There were (2) level 62 Blood Elf Hunters and (1) level 63 Undead Rogue; there was a guild message stating that (2) of our level 60 members were being camped by this trivial trio. I never turn down a fight, so I teleported to Shatterah, then hopped on the griffin headed towards Zangarmarsh.

I arrived in Zangarmarsh right behind (2) level 70's from the guild that had shown up to help defend the camped guild members. At first we strung in there one at a time (they had flying mounts, I was on the ground) and took deaths before calling for a regroup. I myself ran up on the three of them and took out a Hunter, and 1/2 the health of the other two before I died. I checked the combat log and they had some serious crits.

Finally our group members finished their quest and I moved on to the Arenas where I had a 2 v 2 that ended with a 20 minute battle against a rogue...

It was myself (Mage) and a Paladin fighting against a level 69 Undead Warrior & Rogue combo. I tried to sheep the Warrior since the Paladin was hitting the Rogue, but he kept knocking him out of sheep, so I just unleashed the DPS on the Warrior since he was low, and the Paladin looked like he was ok, but the Paladin and Warrior died at the same time, then the rogue vanished and it was on...

So it's now a level 69 Undead Rogue vs.. a level 66 Human Mage, I figured the fight would go quick since Frost Mages make mince meat out of Rogues, but this guy was sneaky. He would start to lose the battle, stun me, then run off to stealth. It was frustrating, and my dead teammate kept telling me to just take the loss since I couldn't beat him.

I wasn't about to take a loss just to speed things up, I was enjoying the challenge. After about 20 minutes I finally was able to take the Rogue down, and it probably would have been longer if not for the Stealth Detection Buff that pops up about 5 minutes into the arena...

I'll add screenshots later...

~Keystone

2 comments:

Hexa said...

Just found your blog, love the angle on PK. Find myself wishing I had a teleport spell to quickly move around in the world. When I move to help someone odds are that the bad guys have already left...

Keystone said...

First off, thanks for the comment. Secondly, I love having a Mage as a main since he can be anywhere in the world in a matter of minutes. This has helped me so many times to get rid of those pesky Horde that camp my low level alts.

I wish every class received two hearthstone options like Shaman get. That way people could set their normal 'home' city, along with a current questing city.

Teleporting between cities, creating my own food & drink, and the ability to pick my fights (sheep + blink + run + mount) is something I've grown fond of in the Mage class.

~Keystone