Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Keybinding (Druid)

This post is for all the friends I have that play Druids, here's my setup...

The main trick to my Druid's setup is my Logitech MX 518 mouse. This mouse comes with two buttons that fit nicely under your right thumb, and can be easily pressed without removing your left hand from the WASD. The mouse also has a standard middle scroll button that can be used in key bindings also. The "Back Mouse Button" is the button under your right thumb that's closest to you, and the "Forward Mouse Button" is the other; we all know the "Mouse Middle Button"

FORMS
Cat Form................Shift + Forward Mouse Button
Bear Form..............Shift + Back Mouse Button
Cheetah Form......Shift + Middle Mouse Button
Seal Form..............Ctrl + Middle Mouse Button

The reason I use Shift + for my forms is to leave my Mouse Buttons open for attacks I need while using the WASD keys. Having the shape shifting keys on the mouse also lets you continue movement while shifting because your hands never leave their starting location. Yes, I'm the Druid that jumps circles around you while unleashing feline DPS.


ELF / TAUREN FORM
Roots..........................................Back Mouse Button
Moonfire (Rank 1)................Forward Mouse Button
Moonfire...................................Middle Mouse Button
Barkskin...................................Ctrl + Back Mouse Button
Remove Curse.........................Q
Abolish Poison........................E
Faerie Fire................................F


CAT FORM
Shred.........................Back Mouse Button
Mangle......................Forward Mouse Button
Ferocious Bite.......Middle Mouse Button
Dash...........................Ctrl + Forward Mouse Button
Claw...........................Ctrl + Back Mouse Button
Ravage.......................Q
Pounce.......................E
Faerie Fire..................F


BEAR FORM
Growl...............................Back Mouse Button
Mangle.............................Forward Mouse Button
Bash..................................Middle Mouse Button
Maul.................................Ctrl + Forward Mouse Button
Charge.............................Ctrl + Back Mouse Button
Enrage.............................Q
Demoralizing Roar........E
Faerie Fire.......................F

I have my Regrowth, Rejuvination, Healing Touch, Starfire, Wrath, Shadowmeld, and Prowl all set as my #1-4 keys, in respect to their proper form. I have a macro that will use the #2 key to cast Rejuvination on a friendly target and Starfire on an enemy target, this also works for the #3 key with Healing Touch / Wrath. I do not have the macro on me, but I'll add it to the post later.

I have been moving keys around and playing with this since the release of the game, and I still find myself making changes. It's all about what is comfortable to you, what helps you achieve your playstyle goal with the least amount of key fiddling and effort from your part.

I hope this helps you in your quest for Shape Shifting ease, but please tweak any settings to fit your playstyle & talent spec.

~Keystone

No comments: